Dynamic Marine Data Analyst Required for small, busy, inter-governmental organisation in Central London dealing with the protection of the marine environment of the North-East Atlantic. The initial contract is for 3 years and the position will focus on the management and evaluation of marine data, manipulation of GIS applications and support for region-wide assessments.
Suitable candidates will be proficient networkers with organisational and team-oriented skills. They should be able to demonstrate:
• MSc or equivalent in marine systems, spatial planning and/or ocean resources
• High level of IT literacy – GIS, graphics, databases, programming
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Previous experience in visualising and presenting marine data
• Language ability -bilingual (English/French) an advantage
Position vacant from: 1 March 2012
Closing date for applications: 23 December 2011
Applicants must be nationals of one of the 15 OSPAR Contracting Parties or any other State which is a Member State of the European Union.
Applications should include a cover letter and curriculum vitae with details of 2 referees. Please send your application by email to: Ms Lise Rossi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Further particulars are at www.ospar.org or can be obtained by telephoning the Secretariat +44 207 430 5200.
Organisation: OSPAR Commission
Hours: Full Time
Position type: Paid
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Closing date: Fri 23 December 11
Contact name: Lise Rossi
Contact email: email@example.com