Bioforsk is a national research institute focusing on safe food production, environmental quality and increased value added. The institute emphasises sustainable resource management, international cooperation and maintaining extensive contact with users and clients. Bioforsk has divisions in all regions of the country, with a total staff of about 460. The main office is on the campus of the Norwegian University of Life Sciences in Ås, 30 km south of Oslo.
Bioforsk Nord Bodø apply for:
Researcher – Phycology
The position will be connected to research and development for cultivation and use of marine algae for different commercial purposes – mainly food, feed, supplements, energy, and fertilizer. Most activities are project related and often in collaboration with national and international R&D and commercial/industrial participants.
The candidate will participate in research projects, and develop and lead new regional, national and international research projects involving macro- and micro algae cultivation and breeding. It is important that the candidate works active with networking at a national and international level. As a part of a research team the candidate is expected to take interest and participate in scientific and strategic discussions concerning the unit.
• Master degree in marine biology /-ecology
• PhD in phycology
• Experience in scientific research project development, -leadership and –administration
• Good written and verbal ability in Norwegian (Scandinavian) or/and English language
• Scientific publication qualifications
• Knowledge in marine algae cultivation, preferably including breeding
• Good knowledge in laboratory work as well as field work
• Knowledge in scientific analytical work and tools
• Practical experience in instrumental analysis
• Ability to work independently and in team
• Structured and result oriented
• Innovative and communicative
• Open, flexible and social
Salary and benefits
• The position as Researcher code 1109 is remunerated according to salary grade 57-64 (NOK 448 400 – 510 200 per year) on the Norwegian State Salary Scale, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
• Membership in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund, which includes a good occupational pension scheme, occupational injury and group life insurance, and low-interest home loans.”