Seas At Risk is an independent non-governmental association of national and international environmental organisations concerned with the protection and restoration of the marine environment. It has member organisations in 12 countries in Europe. Seas At Risk is currently working on issues as diverse as the
reform of the EU Common Fisheries Policy, greenhouse gas emissions from
shipping, marine litter and EU-level marine policies. While the focus of its work is at EU level, Seas At Risk also works at the North East Atlantic regional level (the OSPAR Commission, the North East Atlantic Fisheries Commission) and at global level (the United Nations’s International Maritime Organisation and Food
and Agriculture Organisation). On the issues it covers and in the arenas where it works, Seas At Risk is a well-known and respected advocate for the marine environment.
Seas At Risk is looking for a senior policy officer/policy coordinator to help strengthen and further develop its policy work. The main sponsibilities of the successful candidate will be:
- Coordinate the organisation’s policy work, ensuring that the work
programme of the organisation is implemented, and providing strategic
and policy advice.
- Develop and implement work plans with the executive director and policy officers and prepare progress reports.
- Monitor, analyse and influence policy-making in the European Institutions on issues related to the Marine Strategy Framework Directive
implementation process and the Common Fisheries Policy.
- Draft position papers, policy analyses, articles, press releases and other materials in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain relations with key policy officials, politicians,
stakeholders, other NGOs and SAR member organisations.
- Represent Seas At Risk at conferences, meetings and public events.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation in the Brussels office under the final
responsibility of the Executive Director.
The successful candidate will have at least 7 years of experience in advocacy and policy work, of which at least 2 in coordination of an international
environmental campaign. Substantial experience of marine environmental
issues at an EU level is essential. We are looking for a natural communicator with excellent writing skills and sharp analytical capabilities, willing to take on
some organisational tasks if needed. The successful candidate must be a good team player as well as a strong net-worker, who can organise, plan and execute
work independently, effectively and efficiently. Candidates must be fluent in written and spoken English, and computer literate (at least MS Office). The candidate must be prepared to travel (mainly within Europe) and regularly work
outside normal office hours. Knowledge of other European languages is desirable.
The post is a full time position and based in Brussels. Gross monthly salary will range between € 3,400 and €3,900, based on experience and skills.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter explaining your interest to:
email@example.com. Deadline for application: 18 April, probable dates for interviews: 2-4 May.
Dec 2016 View all »
M T W T F S S12345678910111213141516171819202122232425262728293031
Etiquetasacuicultura algas becas biología cambio climático Cetmar cetáceos charlas conferencias congresos conservación contaminación coral csic cursos ecología empleo energía física geofísica geología gestión Hierro ieo internacional investigación japón jornadas medio marino mejillón noticias oceanografía peces Phd posdoc posgrado prácticas publicaciones química recursos sector pesquero seminarios tiburones tunidos voluntariado
- MediAmbientUdG en PhD position in the area of Palaeoceanography
- UdGmar en PhD position in the area of Palaeoceanography
- LaIsladelfines en PhD position in the area of Palaeoceanography
- ieo_baleares en Two postdoctoral positions for 2-year
- ieo_baleares en Assistant or Associate Professor – Terrestrial/Marine Resources and Modeling